We are pleased to announce the release of Chebfun Version 5.2.0 for numerical computing with 1D and 2D functions. The main new features are:
- A fast implementation of the discrete Legendre transform (DLT) and its inverse (IDLT).
- epslevel accuracy estimates have been disabled (fixed at machine
epsilon and no longer displayed when printing a
- Automatic vectorization for anonymous functions used to specify chebop
operators and boundary conditions. For example,
N.op = @(x,u) x.*diff(u) + u.^2can now be replaced by
N.op = @(x,u) x*diff(u) + u^2.
nullmethod for systems of equations.
pde23t, significantly faster than
pde15sfor non-diffusive PDEs.
pde23tis now also an option in
- Periodic discretization of periodic PDEs in
pde23t(specify boundary conditions as 'periodic').
- Minimax approximation of periodic functions via
- Support for fractional integrals and derivatives of smooth chebfuns,
by passing non-integer arguments to
In addition, significant speed-ups have been achieved for evaluation of
chebfun2 objects, QR factorizations of tall and skinny quasimatrices,
piecewise ODEs and for solving PDEs in
chebgui. Finally, various bugs have
been fixed and documentation has been improved.
We hope you enjoy the new release. Feel free to contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or comments.